Creating a Noodletools Project
Starting a Works Cited Project in Noodletools.
1) Log in to Noodletools (the same way you login to a computer at school).
2) Click on +Create a New Project button.
3) Accept all the default settings, just name your project as teacher instructs. And Click on Create.
4) On the Dashboard page, top center, Click SOURCES.
5) Click on +Create a New Citation. Click on the correct options to get to the correct form.
6) Enter all of the appropriate information. Click on any box for further explanation.
7) Pay attention to yellow exclamation points and red underlines – they mean you did something wrong, read the hints (hover your mouse over the exclamation point) and correct your mistakes.
8) Make sure that you click on Green Submit Button when you are done.
9) At the end of the period, make sure you Sign-out of Noodletools. Any unfinished citations can be added, edited, finished later.
10) Proofread your citations! Use the edit button to re-open any citation to make corrections! Use the delete button to remove any duplicate citations.
More Tips for Noodletools
Noodletools "HATES" the backspace! Use it one character at a time!
If you are in the midst of filling out a form and realize you are on the wrong type, just click at the top to pick the correct form, your information will not be lost.
If you need to exit before finishing a source, just type "Not Finished" in the title. It will save a partially complete form.
Getting your Works Cited list into WORD
Printing your Works Cited Page from Noodletools.
1) Log in to Noodletools
2) From your Dashboard, click on the Works Cited link (under Components, left side)
3) Proofread your citations! Use the edit button to re-open any citation to make corrections! Use the delete button to remove any duplicate citations.
4) Click on the drop down arrow next to the Print/Export button (top left of citations)
5) Select Print/Export to Word. Select OPEN. And….Wait! (it takes a few seconds)
6) A Word Document will open with citations in proper format. Proofread again, make any changes necessary, add a header, copy and paste this page to be the last page of your paper, etc…
7) SAVE AS! Make sure you save the finished works cited in your U Drive (RENAME it!)
8) Go back to Noodletools and Sign-out.
REMEMBER: You log-in to Noodletools just like you do a computer at school
PASSWORD: Student ID